- Service Innovation that drives up sustained quality and
- Research and Development that makes a difference to patient
- Knowledge transfer rooted in research excellence.
- Clinical excellence in care of the dying.
- International collaboration.
Our aim at the Institute is to be a recognised centre which
improves the care for the dying, locally, nationally and
internationally. This is mainly done through research, training and
also finding new ways to help doctors and nurses to provide the
best care possible and improve care for patients, their families
and loved ones. We work with other experts on studies that give us
strong and reliable evidence. This evidence tells us about the best
way to care for and support patients and their families at the end
of life. It also shows us what changes will be needed within our
health care to support doctors and nurses to provide better